Tuesday, September 22, 2009

White Out **

Title: White Out
Stars: 2 out of 4 stars
Actors: Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Tom Skerritt
Genre: Action/Suspense
Distrubtor: Warner Brothers
Release Date: 9/11/2009

OK, so lets get to it. Now i know I said that I was not going to be one of those sights that just talks negative about everything and thus it pains me to begin my reviews with this movie. Here is the set up, a U.S. marshall played by the way to beautiful Kate Beckinsale is thrown into a web of mystery as she is called to the scene of the first ever murder in the Antarctic. It's a who dunnit kind of movie, but without all the suspense buid up that one would want in a movie such as this.

Pros. of this movie:
The scenery is great and the acting by Beckinsale and Skerritt is sound and they do well with the script that was given. The special effects are...oh I can't do it. No matter how hard I try I cannot for the life of me come up with anything better for the pros. Sorry, guys that's a little depressing. Lets just move on shall we.

Cons. of this movie:
Where to begin. Ok lets start with the character of Kate Beckinsale. This is soppost to be a tough US Marshal who has suffered a severe trama. Now ask me how we are first introduced to her...With a shower scene. Alright so sex sells and it's obviuos why they hired her, but thats not to bad atleast this is a woman with some acting talent. Her costar, Gabriel Macht, however needs some work. Now I don't know if it was the script which was really dull or the director or the actor, but my gosh he was difficult to watch as he spit out his lines through gritted teeth while attempting to look cool at the same time. I have a feeling that alot of this is do to a lack of attention to detail. This is obvious when one looks at the lack of realism as it pertains to weather and the environment in which this movie is set.

I am just amazed that in all the time that Beckinsale is out doors in the icey, wind swept antarctic desert that she never wears anything to cover her face. Her lips are always glossy, her hair is always freshly brushed, even after a wind storm and the only thing she wears out doors where it is -65 degrees farenhiet is a light pair of pants and a jacket. What the.... All in all I think this should have been a straight to video or at the very most a television mini-series. Folks, as far as this movie is concerned all I can say is skip it and see something else, atleast until it comes out on video.

Please, let me know what you think of this movie and my thoughts. Also, if you have any movies that you would like me to review let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment